Hello West families,
As we go into week two of working and learning from home, we are re-sharing links to home learning guides. We have also included a link to an array of suggestions geared towards keeping the entire family physically and mentally active.
Remember to stay positive, sharing life skill moments together like cooking, making schedules, and exercise, encourages positivity and unity. Ask your student to teach you some Playworks activities or to show you something that they have learned from art or music.
We will update this document as updates become available.
ICS West At Home Learning
ICS West will be using i-Ready as our primary source for learning at home for reading and math. In addition to i-Ready, we suggest using these other sites we have paid subscriptions to support at home learning.
BrainPOP, BrainPOP Jr., BrainPOP Español, and BrainPOP ELL
BrainPOP consists of four sites:
- https://jr.brainpop.com/ : is the English language version for grades K-3.
- https://www.brainpop.com/ : is the English language version for grades 4-5.
- https://esp.brainpop.com/ : is the Spanish language version that is targeted to
- students in grades 4-8. There may be appropriate materials for students in grades K to 3.
- https://ell.brainpop.com/ : is targeted to students learning English as a second
Our subscription provides teachers and students with access to BrainPOP, BrainPOP Jr.,
BrainPOP Español, and BrainPOP ELL 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Teachers and
students should use this account to log into BrainPOP:
Other suggested sites for supporting learning from home:
Staying active physically and mentally is important. Here is a link that has something for everyone including live views from the Georgia Aquarium, fitness, mindfulness, free online music and art classes etc..