Position Title: 21st Century Community Learning Program Coordinator
Independence Charter School West (ICS-West) is a community-based K-4 (400 students) public charter school of academic excellence, located in South-West Philadelphia and serving a diverse community of learners. ICS-West provides an intellectually-stimulating curriculum with a global focus designed to develop independent, thoughtful global citizens. We emphasize second language acquisition and integrate arts, ideas, and histories from around the world.
Full time contracted position with full benefits. Benefits include medical, sick days, vacation days, and retirement program. Overall responsibilities include:
- Responsible for implementing the 21st Century Community Learning Program observing Federal grant requirements and grant guidelines
- Ensure the after school program integrates with regular school program
- Identify and solve problems hindering implementation of after school activities
- Collection of data regarding academic progress and needs based on the after school program
- Oversee the operation of after school academic enrichment activities
- Plan for project sustainability
- Meet regularly with principal and/or administration to review progress and participate in the project visioning
- Meet regularly with faculty to review effectiveness of plan to integrate the after school program with regular school program
- Ensure that materials are available and instructors are providing the contracted services
- Ensure that partnership guidelines are met and seek new partnerships to fulfill the program.
- Coordinate all after school and Summer school activities and ensure that facilitators have all necessary equipment/materials and that adequate transportation is provided.
- Assist in the selection/approval of instructors/facilitators for all after school programs.
- Submit appropriate reports to the CEO/Principal, and PDE as required.
- Enforce ICS West policies and procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with new software and computerized curriculum
- Become acquainted with the school’s curriculum
The program will operate after-school as well during the summer (6-weeks).
Qualifications and Competencies Required
- Minimum of B.A. degree in related area (educational background preferred)
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong commitment
- PA clearances
- Knowledge of the prescribed curriculum
- Understanding and knowledge of current technology
- Knowledge of multiple learning styles
- Skills in oral and written communication with students, parents, community representatives, and private sector leaders
- Ability to plan and implement activities for maximum effectiveness
- Ability to assess levels of student achievement effectively, analyze test results, and prescribe actions for improvement
- Ability to maintain appropriate student supervision so that students have a safe and orderly after school environment in which to learn
- Ability to work effectively with peers, administrators and others
Please email the following documents to: email@example.com
- Cover letter
- Copies of college transcripts
- 3 letters of reference
- PA Clearances
The position is a Full-time 30 hour a week position. Salary is $28,000 Annually. Hours Monday through Friday 12pm-6pm.
Include the position title in the subject line.
*The application deadline will be September 1, 2017 or until filled.
ICS West is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.