Families with siblings entering kindergarten in 2017-2018
Your child will automatically receive a space in the kindergarten class provided they meet all of the following criteria:
- You submit a valid application by the lottery deadline (February 9). When you submit your application, you may also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your incoming child’s name if you’d like a 2nd confirmation that your sibling application was received.
- Your child must be 5 years old by September 1, 2017.
- Your child has a current ICS-West sibling who lives in the same household, shares a parent/guardian, and will still be an ICS-West student in the 2017-2018 school year.
- You can provide proof of age, shared Philadelphia residence, and a shared parent/guardian for this child upon enrollment.
- You meet all of the enrollment paperwork requirements and deadlines.
Families with siblings entering other grades (1st-8th) in 2017-2018
- You must submit a valid application by the lottery deadline (February 9).
- We cannot guarantee that a space will become available for your child, but your child will be placed on a preferred sibling waiting list for your chosen grade and program.
- If we reach your child’s name on the sibling waiting list, you will be able to enroll that child as long as that child meets the requirements listed above (sibling still enrolled at ICS-West in coming year, proof of shared Philadelphia residence, and shared parent/guardian), and you meet the enrollment paperwork deadlines.
Any ICS-West sibling application that is received after the lottery deadline will be added to the end of the waiting list and no sibling preference will be given for the 2017-2018 school year.